Heldite Jointing Compound - Complete With Brush
|Biofuel Compatible||Up to B10|
A high-performance sealant for preventing leakage of:
- Diesel Fuel
- Hydraulic Fluids
- Gases in all branches of Automotive - Pipeline Services
Heldite is a liquid sealant that can be applied to a joint either with or without a gasket. Recommended for use with
- Water & steam.
Heldite will effectively seal bolted flanged or screwed joints and is economical to use due to its liquid form. Heldite will not tend cause any damage, this jointing compound is non-abrasive and will work perfectly and won’t damage highly machined joint faces; the combination of factors consisting of thermal, plastic and adhesive; makes this product unique in the sealant formulation.
Resistant to the effects of temperature and pressure changes and stresses associated with the assembly of metals such as aluminium housings. The adhesive will not only assists gasket location but has been proven to be an effective sealant for imparting additional security to splines, studs and press fit bearings.
This compound is regularly used in engineering industries as well as plumbing and heating. Heldite is fully waterproof, semi-permanent and MOD approved.
Heldite is a non-abrasive compound/sealant which has no effect on metal, rubber or other materials. It’s plasticity combats the effects of stress and wear and tear, due to its combination of thermal plastic which aids in the assembly of dissimilar metals. This included aluminum housings bolted to cast blocks..
The 250ml tin is available with brush applicator within the cap for precise application.
Heldite jointing compound is not compatible with the following:
- Potable water
Temp. range : -40 to 350°C.
Why Use Heldite?
- Proven track record - nearly 90 years of use in multiple industrial sectors and applications
- Multi-purpose (Adhesive and sealant)
- Prevents corrosion and can be used with electrical components to resist moisture
- Precise application - Applied by brush
- Made in the UK from sustainable materials
- Prevents the leakage of oils, hydraulic fluids, water, steam, gases, coolants and fuels (excluding ethanol)
- Unique sealant formulation
- Water resistant
- The 125m tin comes with a handy brush applicator
How to apply Heldite:
- Apply one coat to each component and allow the compound to become tacky.
- Close the joint. For screwed joints, apply one coat to each mating thread and screw up immediately.
- For absorbent materials such as cork, apply one coat to each side of the washer or gasket and leave for a moment to soak in.
- Repeat the first step for a second coat. Allow to become tacky before closing the joint.
To work effectively, Heldite needs to dry out as this is a solvent based product, which can take between 20mins and 8hrs.
Hemp or PTFE tape is recommended if there is any doubt of the quality of the screw threads or if the joint is to be put under immediate pressure. Its recommended to coat the threads with Heldite before using Hemp or PTFE. This will support the Heldite jointing as it sets.
However, it is advisable to allow the compound to dry/set completely before putting the joint under full pressure or shifting levels and stresses.
Free Next Day Delivery via FedEx
Applies Monday to Friday on all orders over £385 excl. VAT for orders placed before 3pm.
UK Mainland (excluding Highlands)
|Order Value||Order Value|
|Over £385||Under £385|
|Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6.00pm|
|(Minimum order value £25)|
|Premium Deliveries (up to 30kgs)|
|Next day before 12.00pm||£17.50||£17.50|
|Next day before 10.00am||£28.50||£28.50|
|Saturday before 12.30pm||£28.00||£28.00|
|Same day courier||POA||POA|
|Postage 3- 4 days (max 1kg)||N/A||£6.75|
|Highlands & Islands|
|2 - 5 days||£21.00||£21.00|
|For Ireland (Republic) orders please contact our sales office on 020 8979 0988 to discuss shipping options.|
|For other destinations or for larger/heavier deliveries, price on application|